onsdag 20 maj 2009

And maybe that's what life is for?

I wonder if it could be so that everone is talented at something. You know how some people are just born to do something? To play football, write, play the guitar, sing, to dance.. The people who are excellent at what they do - and they love it, they live for it. The moments they get to do what they love is when they really live. And then it's the people like me. We who are not that talentet at anything. Sports has never really been my thing, I can write but not more than that, I can take some chords on the guitar and play a couple of songs but I'm no Henrix, all I can sing is singstar and even though I love to dance - it's not something I'm excellent at, not even really good. So what can I do? I don't know. But I know I believe that everyone is talented at something. It has to be that way! We just haven't found out at what yet. Maybe I'm an excellent diver, really good at driving racecars, flying helicopter - I don't know, I haven't tried it yet! And maybe that's what life is for? To find it, the thing you love and be greatful to it. To go out there in the world, and look for the unexpected. To you out there who has already found it, I'm happy for you. Live every moment and don't take it for granted, you are the lucky ones! And to you who's "just" an ordinary person, not especially talented - don't give up. You have the best part of your life in front of you - when you find it. And then I believe it will be all worth it.

I hope.

1 kommentar:

Nalle sa...

Just to make things more interesting.. Who decides what's good, and who decides that something is better than something else?

In the end, it's all about perspectives. Doing the things you want to do, the way you want to them - it's always right (except when it isn't, of course). If you're happy with the result - don't let a person with a different taste in [whatever is the subject] judge you.

I try my best to be inspired by people who are creating amazing stuff, without doing the exactly same thing myself.
Sooner or later, I'll end up with something greater than my source of inspiration - but until then, I'm learning things. And from time to time, I realize that I'm getting really good at certain things.

Do what you like, and let the skills come to you. Don't focus so hard on achieving something that you miss all the interesting flavours surrounding your goal. =)